September 2012 - Army Suicide Prevention Month
Sep 06, 2012 - Please see the attached Tri-signed letter regarding Suicide Prevention Month.
As a reminder, 27 Sep 2012 is the Army's Suicide Stand Down. The following is a link to the G1 Suicide Prevention Month web site with more information. http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/suicide/spmonth/default.asp
In support of National Suicide Prevention, the Army will conduct its annual Health Fair event 12 and 13 September 2012 in the Pentagon Courtyard to promote all aspects of health and wellness for the Army Family.
Participants for this year's event include:
- Army National Guard Bureau, Soldier and Family Support Division, Deployment Cycle Support Branch, Employment Section
- American Association of Suicidology
- Army Center for Substance Abuse Program (ACSAP)
- Army Chief of Chaplains, Military Family Life Consultants
- Army Community Services
- Army G-3/5/7 Comprehensive Soldier Fitness
- Army Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Program
- CRC Health Group
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC)
- Defense Suicide Prevention Office
- Defense Center of Excellence
- Deployment Health Assessment Program
- Fit To Win
- Give an Hour Nonprofit Corporation
- Office of the Army Surgeon General
- Patriot Support Programs of UHS
- Real Warriors Campaign
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS)
- United States Army Reserve (USAR)
- United States Marine Corps (USMC)
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Additional federal and non-profit agencies
Ask your buddy - have the courage to ask the question, but stay calm.
Care for your buddy - remove any means that could be used for self-injury; calmly control the situation; actively listen
Escort your buddy - never leave your buddy alone; escort to the chain of command, a Chaplain, a behavioral health professional or a primary care provider.
We can't afford to lose another Civilian, Soldier or Family member to suicide.
For Crisis Intervention:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
In Theater (Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait) - 94-800-273-TALK (8255)
Other OCONUS - DSN Access Code + Country Code + 800-273-TALK (8255)
The Defense Center of Excellence (DCoE) - 1-866-966-1020