Get Connected - the Federal Work-Life Community of Practice
July 25, 2012 - New Postings on the Federal Work-Life Community of Practice
Since the Federal Work-Life Community of Practice launched on July 18th we've added:
- News & announcements regarding regulatory changes published by OPM on July 20, 2012 affecting the Child Care Subsidy Program, EAP, and Domestic Partners
- An announcement & link to OPM's new Guide to Adoption & Foster Care Programs for Federal Employees
- An article on "Phased Retirement and Workplace Flexibility for Older Adults"
- A discussion forum on the Federal Work-Life Survey
- 7 new events to the work-life events calendar
- ...and more!
We encourage you to join the community of practice by following the instructions below and/or share questions, comments, or promising practices this week with fellow coordinators!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GETTING STARTED
- If you do not have a MAX account, you need to create one by going to: https://max.omb.gov/maxportal/registrationForm.action.
- Once you have a MAX account, apply for membership to the Work-Life Community of Practice at: https://max.omb.gov/maxportal/register/group/OPM-ES-SWP-WLW.
- Use this link to go to the Federal Work-Life Community of Practice:
This link will take you directly to the Federal Work-Life Community of Practice.
We recommend you save this under your favorites for easy access!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to helping with financial planning, the online Statement also provides workers a convenient way to determine whether their earnings are accurately posted to their Social Security records. This feature is important because Social Security benefits are based on average earnings over a person's lifetime. If the earnings information is not accurate, the person may not receive all the benefits to which he or she is entitled. The online Statement also provides the opportunity to save or print the personalized Statement for financial planning discussions with family or a financial planner.