Defense Senior Leader Development Program (DSLDP)
APPLICANTS: This checklist allows you to conduct a detailed review of your SETM program application package. Verify your submission is complete and meets all requirements listed below. Packages missing documentation will not be forwarded to DoD as Army recommendations. All items must be marked "Yes" and forwarded to HQDA using the automated Senior Enterprise Talent Management System (SETMS).
- ___ Complete the Applicant Career Brief and Applicant Survey in the SETM System
https://www.csldo.army.mil/SETM/SETMIndex.aspx. (Follow all the instruction steps provided in this checklist --- All other DSLDP forms already embedded in SETMS and can be accessed from the Career Brief. All steps that mention "UPLOADED into SETMS" requires you to complete that document and manually upload the completed document on your Career Brief.)
- ___ Possesses baccalaureate or higher from an accredited college or university (Unofficial copy of transcripts may be uploaded into SETMS for initial local board processing of application)
SEALED TRANSCRIPTS from any COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY entity must be MAILED-IN TO:Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army
Manpower and Reserve Affairs
Civilian Senior Leader Management Office
(ATTN: CSLDD SETM Programs)
111 Army Pentagon, Room 1D755
Washington, DC 20310-0111
- ___ Latest performance appraisal (UPLOADED into SETMS)
___ Only specified pages (for NSPS, only Sections A-E and Sections O-S should be attached, for all other pay systems, attach all pages of appraisal and respective support form).
___ Rating is at top end of scale (typically better than FS or level 3). Applicants with Level 3/FS ratings will be accepted, however, your Rating Official/Supervisor must address any discrepancy in his/her recommendation endorsement or the Supervisory narrative section on the DSLDP Rating Official/Supervisor's Assessment in SETMS.
- ___ DSLDP Application Forms. All blank DSLDP Nomination forms can be accessed on the Career Brief in SETMS (Signature requirement from the first-line supervisor and the nominee is mandatory to acknowledge all of the DSLDP program requirements to include Seminar pre-work, requirements that are due in-between seminars and a new pre-PME 2- day training event to further prepare the selected participant for PME. This 2-day event involves no TDY for anyone who does not leave within the National Capital Region and it is a requirement that is in addition to the 3-month online pre-PME training that is administered by the Army War College.) (Please print, complete, scan and RE-UPLOAD the DSLDP additional Supervisory and Leadership Endorsement form(s) into the SETM Career Brief as the "Supervisory and Leadership Endorsement Form.") (ECQ and Statement of Interest instructions and Resume template also provided separately in the DSLDP Forms tab).
- ___ Resume: Use same Resume format of career history, education and training to apply for all DSLDP and SSC. (USAJobs format is acceptable IAW the following rules)
___ Followed format and included all required entries
___ Met 3 page limit using Times New Roman, 12-font size
___ Provides organization, job titles and grade/rank for each position
___ Emphasize varying levels of assignments and leadership experience
___ Communicates how challenging the work is
- ___ ONE Letter of Recommendation (Memorandum format) SIGNED by first General Officer or Senior Executive Service (SES) member in the chain-of-command (UPLOADED into SETMS) (NOTE: Because other entities are not online with SETMS, a letter of recommendation must be provided in addition to the Rater/Endorser survey assessment found in the SETM application and referenced in #4 above.
- ___ A second letter of recommendation will be provided by CSLMO as part of the OML process if selected for participation in the SETM program.
- ____ SF 181, Ethnicity and Race Identification OPM Form (This form is Voluntary) (Mailed-in to Official CSLMO MAIL-IN listed in #2 above)
- ___ Complete Army Senior Service College Nomination Sheet (UPLOADED into SETMS) (Blank form can be found on the Career Brief in SETMS) (Download, complete, scan and Re-upload as a pdf document into SETMS)
- ___ Current Security Clearance memorandum or "Person Summary" (UPLOADED into SETMS)
Secret ______ Top Secret ______ Top Secret with SCI______
- ___ Continued Service Agreement Form: Print, complete, sign/initial, scan and re-upload into SETMS. Note: Please enter the following dates in the CSA Form: From March 2015 to April 2017.
- ___ Mobility Agreement Form : Print, complete, sign/initial, scan and re-upload into SETMS.
- ___ Copy of CES Advance Course Certificate or printout/equivalency CES Advanced Course Credit approval from HQDA G3/5/7 Civilian Training and Leader Development Office go to: https://www.atrrs.army.mil/channels/chrtas/student/logon.aspx?Call ingURL=%2fchannels%2fchrtas%2fstudent%2fmain.aspx&Caller=1 (UPLOADED into SETMS)
Other approved legacy course(s) graduate certificates that may substitute in lieu of the CES Advanced Course certificate for credit:
___ SBLM/AMSC - Sustaining Base Leadership and Management Course
___ ILE/CGSC - Intermediate Level Education/Command & General Staff college
___ WOSSC - Warrant Officer Senior Staff Course
___ Sergeant Majors Course
___ AF - Air Command & Staff College
___ AF - Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy
- ___ Full ECQs write-up to be completed by DSLDP applicants only. For more information on the ECQs: http://www.resume-place.com/services/ses/opm_tips_ecqs-html/ (Competencies required at the Executive level) (Copy and paste link into internet web browser for access) (CUT & PASTE write-up into SETMS)
___ 4 page total limit for combined responses
___ Followed the Challenge-Context-Action-Result (CCAR) model format
___ Addressed all 6 items (5 ECQs & 1 Fundamental Competency) separately
___ Leading Change
___ Leading People
___ Business Acumen
___ Building Coalitions
___ Combined Fundamental Competencies
___ Responses are well-written; cite specific accomplishments/results
___ Limits jargon; identifies acronyms
___ Different accomplishments used for each ECQ response
___ Accomplishments cited are recent, last 5 years
___ Proficiency meets or exceeds Benchmarks (no major gaps)
NOTE 1: Do not forward individual application forms directly to the NDU Registrar's Office. All NDU forms must be submitted as part of your overall SETM application. Please disregard any NDU application suspense dates found in the NDU forms. HQDA is the ultimate authority for submitting Army Civilian applications to NDU.
NOTE 2: If applying for NDU/ES, must complete 9 through 12 below (NOTE: N/A for all other SETM programs) (All blank NDU/ES forms can be found on the Career Brief in SETMS) (Download all forms, complete, scan, and Re-upload as a pdf document in SETMS) ("Agency Representative" must be applicant's supervisor)
- ___ NDU Student Nomination Form (UPLOADED in SETMS)
___ Repeat information as needed from Army SSC Nomination Sheet above
___ Nomination Options - Indicate NDU/ES-Non-ACQ or NDU/ES-ACQ and concentration program.
NOTE: Army Acquisition Career (AAC) employees are strongly encouraged to apply for
NDU/ES-Senior Acquisition Program but will be accepted for other SSCs
___ Provide complete home mailing address
- ___ NDU Privacy Act Statement (UPLOADED in SETMS)
- ___ NDU Educational Records Release Authorization (UPLOADED in SETMS)
- ___ NDU Student World-wide Travel Form (UPLOADED in SETMS)
NOTE 3: Items 18 thru 20 below applicable to Senior Acquisition Course (SAC) applicants only. If applying for NDU/ES-SAC, the following documents must be submitted with your SETM application. Forms provided by the Acquisition Career Field or individual organization (UPLOADED into SETMS in pdf format)
- ___ NDU/ES Senior Acquisition Course (SAC) Student Nomination Form (NDU/ES-SAC applicants only) (UPLOADED into SETMS)
- ___ Senior Rater Potential Evaluation (NDU/ES-SAC applicants only) (UPLOAD into SETMS) (Applies to AcqDemo Army employees only) (All other Army senior employees may upload a copy of Acquisition Level III Certification Certificate as proof of credential in lieu of SRPE for possible consideration)
- ___ Acquisition Career Record Brief (NDU/ES-SAC applicants only) (UPLOADED into SETMS)
- ___ Contact your Career Program (CP) Office and Functional Chief Representative (FCR) to inform them of your intent to apply for a SETM program prior to submitting your application. This is to gain their support and ensure you receive an endorsement from their office once you submit your application in SETMS.
- ___ Meet with or contact your rater, endorser and Functional Chief Representative to inform them of your interest in SETM and provide them measureable accomplishments to include in their endorsement of your application.
- ___ Public Affairs Release Form (Click here to download PDF)- Print, complete, sign and date. (UPLOAD into SETMS)
- ___ Final Package:
__ Times New Roman, font size 12 used for all submissions
__ Proof-read package for typos/misspellings, etc before final submission