Applicants must address the following competencies, not to exceed one page for each competency written:
- Ability to lead Change: This competency involves the ability to bring change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this competency is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to lead people: Involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this competency is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation, teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills:
- Results Driven: This competency involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. The ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks is an integral peat of this competency.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills:
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and informational resources strategically must be demonstrated.
Return to the ASFP checklist