CP11 - Comptroller Civilian Career Program
Section IV: Key Positions
ACTEDS provides the framework for civilian career programs to identify "key positions." These senior positions have significant responsibility for supervision or direction of functions covered by the career program and formulation of career field policy.
B. Key SES Positions in CP 11
1. The Comptroller Civilian Career Program (CP 11) Functional Chief Representative (FCR) supports the concept of key positions and the need for a minimum level of qualifying criteria for fill of such positions. The CP 11 FCR has identified specific positions at the Senior Executive Service (SES) level that are "key".
2. Figure 6 identifies the CP 11 SES key positions at HQDA and its Field Operating Agencies (FOAs). Figure 7 identifies the CP 11 SES key positions at MACOMs and their Major Subordinate Commands (MSC). Individuals whose career goals may include progression to these positions are encouraged to assess their qualifications in terms of competencies, range of experience in functions and/or organizational levels, and levels of education and training.
C. Other Key Positions
1. Positions at the GS-15 level at all organizational levels are key positions, especially positions that are identified as Deputy Chief of Staff for Resource Management (DCSRM), Assistant DCSRM, and Program/Budget Officer.
2. At the Major Command (MACOM) level, GS-15 positions are key positions, especially positions that report directly to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Resource Management (DCSRM).
3. Positions at the GS-15 level at HQDA are key positions, such as Chief, Integration and Evaluation Division, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Budget OASA(FM&C); Director of Business Practices, Office of the Deputy Assistant of the Army for Resource and Analysis and Business Practices, OASA(FM&C); Director of Finance and Accounting Oversight, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Operations, OASA(FM&C) and Division Chiefs in the Cost and Economic Analysis Center.
4. At all organizational levels, GS-15 Resource Manager positions are considered key positions.