CP11 - Comptroller Civilian Career Program
Section II: Objectives
The purpose of an ACTEDS plan is to provide the information and guidance necessary to promote systematic training and development of career Army civilians from intern to senior managerial and executive levels. ACTEDS plans are functionally tailored to each career field, systematic and progressive, and combine formal training with developmental assignments.
1. Short-Term Objectives. The short-term objectives of the CP 11 ACTEDS Plan are as follows:
- Provide Comptroller careerists and their supervisors with a single-source reference to assist in determining appropriate training and development both to enhance on-the-job performance and to prepare the careerist for progressively more responsible positions.
- Implement the Multi-Disciplined Financial Analyst Initiative throughout the Army financial management community.
- Initiate the Army Comptroller Accreditation Program.
- Assist resource management and civilian personnel representatives in allocating resources for civilian training and development by providing guidance as to the relative importance or applicability of individual Comptroller/Resource Management courses of instruction.
- Provide careerists with information on the Department of the Army Civilian Leader Development core courses.
- Publicize career program philosophy and guidance on career progression, education, mobility, and other career development issues.
2. Long-Term Objectives. The CP 11 ACTEDS Plan will be updated periodically to meet the following long-term objectives:
- Revise, as necessary, information on availability and content of formal courses.
- Expand the master training plans to include more information on developmental assignments, mandatory and recommended courses and sources of training.
- Field new/revised Master Intern Training Plans (MITPs) for the Comptroller functional specialties, each of which will include a core MITP for the Comptroller Civilian Career Program.
- Provide information on evolving changes in the Comptroller career field, to include the impact on CP 11 of such initiatives as Civilian Personnel Management System XXI (CPMS XXI), National Performance Review (NPR), Army After Next (AAN), and force structure changes.
- Implement additional mandatory training and/or education requirements in the Comptroller Civilian Career Program and provide information and guidance on CP 11 participation in the Army Acquisition Corps.
B. CP 11 Career Development Model
The CP 11 Career Development Model shown in Figure 4 integrates some training and position assignments recommended at various career points in the life cycle of a CP 11 career. These courses are for illustration purposes only. The intent of the CP 11 program is to expose all careerists to ample formal education, training, professional development and performance enhancing job experiences so that all careerists can grow professionally throughout their careers. More details on career development are located in the Master Training Plans at Annex B.