MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority for Suitability Adjudication
- Federal Investigations Notice 03-04 dated 11 June 2003.
- 5 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 731.103.
- By reference above, the Department of the Army (DA) has certain delegated responsibilities for suitability adjudication of competitive service applicants and appointees to the Agency with some exceptions reserved for OPM adjudication. For Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) actions, this authority will apply to most objections and passovers requested by selecting officials. The Office of Personnel Management will still adjudicate objections and passovers involving 30% compensably disabled veterans, material intentional falsification, and refusal to furnish testimony.
- I have delegated responsibility to the Civilian Human Resources Agency for suitability determinations and adjudication within DA. CHRA will establish operational procedures to promulgate this delegated authority for CHRA regions. This responsibility will continue requiring the assistance of security offices for investigations in a small percentage of cases. CHRA will ensure that each regional office will inform all DA supported activities of CHRA's delegated authority and will further coordinate with appropriate security offices for support of CHRA entities when requested.
- This memorandum replaces the memorandum, Subject: New Requirements for Suitability Adjudications by Civilian Personnel Operations Centers, issued by the Assistant G-1 for Civilian Personnel Policy in 2003.
- POC for the memorandum is Mr. Steve Lewis, telephone (703) 325-9419, DSN: 221-9419, e-mail steve.lewis@(email address expired).
FOR THE DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF, G-1:
// signed //
Melinda McMillon Darby
Assistant G-1 for Civilian Personnel