MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: Functional Chief Representative Policy Memorandum - Selection of
GS-13-15s (or pay band equivalent) and notification to GS-15s of vacancies within CP-10
- Reference memorandum dated 2 February 2004, subject Filling GS-15 Positions within CP-10.
- Reference is hereby rescinded.
- The purpose of this memorandum is to solidify agreements made at the Executive Board of Directors meeting on 29-31 March 2005 reference filling GS-13-15 (or pay band equivalent) position and other key positions with CP-10
- Selection Process The FCR will participate in Army-wide selections for all CP-10 positions at the GS-14-15 (or pay band equivalent) ; all CPAC Chief positions; reemployed annuitants and GS-13 (or pay band equivalent) and all above postions located at HQDA in the assistant G-1 (Civilian Personnel). Before selections can be made for these positions, whether competitive or non-competitive, it is the responsibility of the selecting official to contact and coordinate with the undersigned for "pre-selection approval".
- GS-15 notifications. Selecting officials must notify the Proponency Office of all CP-10 GS-15 (or pay band equivalent) vacancies. The Proponency Office will notify all permanent CP-10 GS-15 (or pay band equivalent) within three days receipt of vacancy announcement opportunities covered by the CP-10 career program. All supervisors making lateral reassignments at the CP-15 level must comply with this requirement.
- This policy will be incorporated into the Career Program Unique Requirements and Functional Point of Contact document that is distributed by the Civilian Human Resources Agency to all CPOC and Regional Directors.
- If you have any questions regarding this policy, the CP-10 Functional point of contact is Ms. Valerie Vetter at DSN 221-0746 or commercial (703) 325-0746
FOR THE DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF, G-1:
// signed //
Melinda McMillon Darby
Assistant G-1 for Civilian Personnel