DCIPS replaces CIPMS. Until all references can be updated, both terms may appear and are considered interchangeable.
While it is true that most of the career program positions in DCIPS in Army belong to Career Program 35, Intelligence, hundreds of other positions belong to other career programs.
Army career program policy has been modified for DCIPS positions in Career Programs other then CP-35 to eliminate DA and DOD regulatory conflict with regard to registration, referral, and selection for DCIPS non-CP-35 career program positions.
Revisions are being incorporated in the Army Career Management regulation, AR 690-950. Key features are summarized below:
- All DCIPS Professional/Administrative employees benefit from DCIPS-unique personnel management flexibilities as appropriate (e.g., grade band promotions, step increase on reassignment outside geographic area, exemplary performance award, etc.);
- DCIPS careerists may continue to voluntarily register in any Army career program for which they meet qualification and eligibility requirements (i.e., personal status, or Interchange eligibility).
- Exceptions to competition in AR 690-13 apply (example: Grade Band Promotions).
- When competitive procedures are used, career program requirements contained in AR 690-950 will apply.
- All sources may be considered concurrently. Selection of qualified candidates (to include current Army civilian personnel) properly referred through any source is authorized.
- Review and selection criteria must be based on relevant Knowledge, Skill and Ability (KSA) requirements for the position, and must: comply with merit principles; be consistent for all sources; and include required Career Program factors.
- Key positions identified in an Army Civilian Training, Education and Development System (ACTEDS) plan for the applicable Career Program, or others specifically designated by a FCR, are subject to coordination with the appropriate career program functional officials as part of the referral and selection process.
Itís necessary to list a vacancy announcement for CP-35 positions at GG-13 and above with OPM USA Jobs. For all other positions, Army's guidelines for use of OPMís USA Jobs is applicable. Note: Use of OPM USA Jobs at all grade levels ensures consideration of current intelligence community candidates.