DCIPS replaces CIPMS. Until all references can be updated, both terms may appear and are considered interchangeable.
Each employee is responsible for establishing personal career goals and strategies to achieve those goals. Careerists should periodically perform a self-evaluation of their career goals and training needs and:
- Determine career goals/expectations to include Intelligence Community Officer (ICO) designation and/or Defense Leadership and Management Program (DLAMP) participation.
- Participate with their supervisors in determining competency requirements and training needs that will be documented and evaluated in the Total Army Personnel Evaluation System (TAPES) process.
- Obtain required and desirable competencies set forth in applicable Army Civilian Training, Education And Development System (ACTEDS) plan.
- Pursue self-development activities, to include university training.
- Make themselves available for training and developmental assignments.
- Comply with terms of conditions of employment.
- Ensure their training record reflects completed education, training and development.