This sample letter is a proposed removal by a FIRST LEVEL SUPERVISOR. Minor editorial changes may be required if other than the immediate supervisor is proposing this action.
NOTE 2: The CPAC is the primary local source of authoritative information and interpretation of policy and procedures concerning civilian discipline and adverse actions and shares in management's responsibility to ensure that actions have merit and comply with governing requirements. Accordingly, written notices of proposed disciplinary and adverse actions must be coordinated with the CPAC before delivery to employees.
NOTE 3: Ensure the employee initials and dates receipt of this notice and that the original copy is provided to the employee, a copy is retained by the supervisor, and a copy is provided to the CPAC for maintenance in the case folder.
SUBJECT: Notice of Proposed Removal
1. This is official notification that I propose to remove you from your position of **--------------------** for the reason(s) stated below:
a. Reason(s): **describe the delinquency or misconduct**
b. Specification(s): **provide brief but specific details**
**Optional** Although not a part of the basis for this proposed removal, I have considered the previous corrective action(s) when selecting the penalty for this proposed action. Specifically, I considered **-----------------**.
2. In proposing this action, I have taken into account not only the charges above, but I have considered aggravating factors such as (list aggravating Douglas factors)
in making my decision regarding your proposed removal. I also considered mitigating factors such as (list mitigating Douglas Factors) but find they do not warrant proposing a lesser penalty.
3. You may reply to this notice of proposed removal to me in writing, orally, or both.
a. You are allowed **contact the CPAC for response period - must be at least seven** calendar days from the date you receive this letter to submit your reply.
b. If you have a medical condition which contributes to the **specify the misconduct or delinquency** you may submit such information to me for consideration. Any medical information you would like to submit must be
provided at your own expense.
c. You may represent yourself or you may be represented by a person of your choosing. If you select a representative other than a Union official/steward, you must designate such representative in writing.
d. You may review the material relied on to support this proposed action. I will make the material available to you upon your request.
e. You will be allowed **reasonable/sufficient number** hours official time to review the material, secure affidavits, and prepare an answer to this notice. You must contact me directly to make arrangements for the use of
this official time. Your representative is allowed the same amount of official time, if otherwise in a duty status, but must coordinate the use of official time through his/her supervisor.
f. If you request, consideration will be given to extending the time to reply or the official time in which to prepare and submit your reply. Any request for additional time must be in writing stating your reasons for
desiring more time and the specific amount required. The request should be submitted directly to me.
4. Full consideration will be given to any answer you submit before a final decision is made. Whether or not you reply, a written notice of final decision will be given to you. Should this proposed removal be carried out, it will not take place earlier than **contact CPAC for guidance - must be at least 30** calendar days after your receipt of this letter.
5. During the advance notice period, you will remain in a pay status.
6. If you wish to read the regulations pertinent to the proposed action or obtain information about your procedural rights in this matter, you may contact CPAC POC, Building **------**, Room
**------**, telephone number **--------**.
Please acknowledge receipt of this notice in the spaces provided below.
Acknowledgement in no way constitutes concurrence or non-concurrence with the contents.
Employee's Initials and Date of Receipt ______________
copy furnished to CPAC