- At least 30 days advance written notice;
- A reasonable time, but not less than 7 days, to answer orally or in
writing or both and to furnish affidavits and other documentary
evidence in support of the answer;
- Representation by an attorney or other representative;
- A reasonable amount of official time to review the material relied
on to support the proposed action, to prepare an answer, and to
secure affidavits, if the employee requests time and is otherwise
in an active duty status. However, if the employee is covered by
a negotiated agreement (union contract), the provisions of that
agreement must be followed.
- A written decision and the specific reason(s)
for the decision at the earliest practicable date.