The Army Incentive Awards Board announces the Arthur S. Flemming Awards For Exceptional Achievement in Federal Government Service. Nominations for the Arthur S. Flemming Awards for Exceptional Achievement in Federal Government Service must be received by the Army Incentive Awards Board by the first Friday in December of each year.
The purpose of the Arthur S. Flemming Award is fourfold:
- to recognize outstanding and meritorious achievement in working for the federal government;
- to encourage the highest standards of performance in the federal service;
- to enhance appreciation of our form of government and the opportunities and responsibilities that it presents; and
- to attract outstanding individuals to a career in federal service.
The George Washington University and the Arthur S. Flemming Awards Commission present a total of twelve awards annually in five categories:
- Leadership and/or Management
- Legal Achievement
- Social Science, Clinical Trials and Translational Research
- Applied Science and Engineering
- Basic Science
Any career civilian employee of the Federal government or member of the uniformed services who has at least three, but no more than fifteen (15), years of service as of December 31 of each year, is eligible for nomination for the Arthur S. Flemming Award. A nominee may be an officer or employee in the agency headquarters or field service throughout the world. Each award winner will receive an engraved medal. The George Washington University website: http://tspppa.gwu.edu/about-arthur-s-flemming-awards, provides additional information about the Flemming Awards.
Request that you submit nominations for Department of the Army employees to the Army Incentive Awards Board; e-mail address: Joann.Holmes2.firstname.lastname@example.org. The Army Commands, Army Service Component Commands, and Direct Reporting Units will set their own suspense dates.