In cases of extended illness, medical documentation may be required periodically, if necessary to establish the employee's continued incapacity for duty.
Specific requirements for medical documentation may include:
- Content of Medical Documentation/Physician's Statement
- History of the medical condition
- Clinical findings from a recent evaluation
- Assessment of current clinical status and plans for future treatment
- Estimated date of full or partial recovery, with projected return to duty date
If the medical documentation provided is questionable, the medical officer at the base medical facility may be requested to review the documentation submitted and to consult with the employee's physician for clarification.