various personnel actions affecting them to the Merit Systems Protection
Board (MSPB). The Board is comprised of administrative law judges who hear
and make rulings on employees' appeals on the following kinds of actions:
- Suspensions of more than 14 days.
- Reductions in grade or pay due to reclassification.
- Furloughs of 30 days or less.
- Performance-based removals or reductions in grade.
- Denials of within-grade-increases.
- Reduction-in-force actions.
- OPM employment practices.
- OPM determinations in retirement matters.
- Denials of restoration or reemployment rights.
- Terminations of probationary employees under certain conditions.
Decisions rendered by Administrative Judges may be appealed to the full Board.