July 7, 1998
MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
Subject: Nonappropriated Fund Labor Agreement Review
- Memorandum, dated April 3, 1998, subject, Nonappropriated Fund Labor Agreement Review, from ASA (M&RA), NAF Personnel Policy & Program Division.
- Chapter 71 of Title 5, United States Code, "Labor Management Relations," Section 7114(c).
- DoD 1400.25-M, Section F. Procedures, Paragraph 3. Agreement Review.
- CDRUSACFSC, ALEX VA//CFSC-HR-P// Oct. 90, Subject, NAF Union Proposals Affecting Wages or Benefits.
- CDRUSACFSC, ALEX VA//CFSC-HR-P// Jan. 91, Subject, Procedure to Follow When Negotiating a Labor Contract Affecting Payroll Procedures or Employee Benefits.
- CDRUSACFSC, ALEX VA//CFSC-HR-P// Jun. 92, Subject, Procedure to Follow When Negotiating a NAF Labor Contract.
References provide instruction on procedures to be used when negotiating labor agreements.
This office has become aware of one negotiated labor agreement that did not go through the required review process outlined in the referenced material above. In addition, there are at least two new agreements that have been implemented that do not speak to Business Based Actions (BBA) but still have the old Reduction-In-Force (RIF) language in them.
The Department of Defense Field Advisory Service (DFAS) reviews these agreements for adherence to law. NAF unique policy and regulatory issues are not reviewed. This review must be done at the local and MACOM levels. In the
future a courtesy copy of proposed agreements will be sent to this office at the same time the official package is sent to DFAS. Installations and MACOMs must assure that NAF unique issues are dealt with and made part of the agreements and not expect DFAS review to deal with the issues i.e. BBA Vs RIF.
Any questions pertaining to this subject that cannot be answered locally or at the MACOM level should be addressed to the HQDA, ASA (M&RA), CPP/NAF DIV., (SFCP-NF), 200 STOVALL STREET, SUITE 1N39, ALEXANDRIA, VA 22332-0300, Attn: Russ Coburn, DSN: 221-7763/FAX-DSN 221-2881 (COMMERCIAL (703) 325-7763/FAX 325-2881,
E-mail: russ.coburn@(email address expired)
Sandra G. Curran
Chief, NAF Personnel Policy
and Program Division
COMMANDER IN CHIEF
US ARMY, EUROPE AND SEVENTH ARMY, ATTN: AEAGA-CN
EIGHT US ARMY, ATTN: EAGA-CP
FORCES COMMAND, ATTN: AFPI-CP
US ARMY MATERIEL COMMAND, ATTN: AMCPE
US ARMY TRAINING AND DOCTRINE COMMAND, ATTN: ATBO-C
US ARMY PACIFIC, ATTN: APPE-CP
MILITARY TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT COMMAND, ATTN: DCSPAL
US ARMY MEDICAL COMMAND, ATTN: MCPE-C
US ARMY MILITARY DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON, ATTN: ANCP-Z
US ARMY SOUTH, ATTN: SOCO-CP
SUPERINTENDENT, US MILITARY ACADEMY, ATTN: MACP
DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY, ATTN: DLA-CAHS
DRAGON HILL LODGE
SHADES OF GREEN
HALE KOA HOTEL