FEB 18 2010
MEMORANDUM FOR ASEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Sunday Premium Pay
Memorandum for Chief Human Capital Officers, Office of Personnel Management (OPM), 08 December 2009, Subject: Administrative Claims for Sunday Premium Pay as a Result of Decision in Fathauer v. United States.
ARMY Regulation (AR) 215-3, NAF Personnel Policy, 29 August 2003., 29 August 2003.
- The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) issued reference 1.a. regarding Sunday Premium Pay entitlements for Regular Part-Time Appropriated Fund employees as a result of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit decision made on 26 May 2009 (Fathauer v. United States. 566 F.3d 1352 (Fed. Cir 2009)). 000 has issued policy guidance, which entitles ali NAF Wage System employees to Sunday Premium Pay who are either Regular Full-time or Regular Part-time, including those in limited tenure appointment categories, or in Flexible categories.
- Sunday Premium Pay is paid at 25 percent to any NAF Wage System employee who is regularly scheduled to work up to 8 hours on Sunday. Regularly scheduled periods of service of less than 8 hours, part of which falls on Sunday, warrants payment of Sunday Premium Pay.
- Sunday Premium Pay back pay procedures for NAF Wage System employees will be provided under a separate memorandum following receipt of the Department of Defense, Civilian Personnel Management System, NAF Personnel Policy Office guidance.
- The future update to AR 215-3 will reflect these changes.
- The Point of contact is Mr. Dennis Ray, Dennis.LRay@us.army.mil, (703) 325-7765 or DSN 221-7765.
//original signed //
Deputy Assistant G-1 for Civilian Personnel
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY
ARMY NAF HUMAN RESOURCES
U.S. ARMY FORCES COMMAND
U.S. ARMY TRAINING AND DOCTRINE COMMAND
U.S. ARMY MATERIEL COMMAND
U.S. ARMY EUROPE
U.S. ARMY CENTRAL
U.S. ARMY NORTH
U.S. ARMY SOUTH
U.S. ARMY PACIFIC
U.S. ARMY SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND
U.S. ARMY SPACE AND MISSILE DEFENSE COMMAND/ARMY FORCES
EIGHTH US ARMY
U.S. ARMY NETWORK AND ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY COMMAND/9TH SIGNAL
U.S. ARMY MEDICAL COMMAND
U.S. ARMY INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY COMMAND
U.S. ARMY CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION COMMAND
U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
U.S. ARMY MILITARY DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON
U.S. ARMY TEST AND EVALUATION COMMAND
U.S. ARMY RESERVE COMMAND
U.S. ARMY INSTALLATION MANAGEMENT COMMAND
US ARMY ACCESSIONS COMMAND
DIRECTOR, CIVILIAN HUMAN RESOURCES AGENCY
DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF FOR INTELLIGENCE, ATTN: DAMI-CP
OFFICE, ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE ARMY (MANPOWER AND RESERVE
AFFAIRS), ATTN: SAMR-PO (MS. WARD)
OFFICE OF THE GENERAL COUNSEL, ATTN: SAGC (MS. JOHNSON)
OFFICE OF THE JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL, ATTN: DAJA-LE (MS. NUGENT)