Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF)
The electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) is the electronic version of your hardcopy employee official personnel folder, the official record of your Federal work career. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is leading a massive project to convert our paper personnel documents into an electronic format for easier access and management of our records through the use of Government computers. The eOPF system contains your personnel documents in a secure environment, allowing you immediate access and capability to search for documents located in your record.
eOPF allows each employee to have electronic access to their own personnel folder. Some unique system features include:
- provides secure access to employment documents/official forms and information to a geographically dispersed workforce,
- supports a secure environment,
- eliminates even minimal risk of loss of an employee's official personnel folder during filing and/or routing ,
- reduces costs associated with storage, maintenance, and retrieval of records,
- complies with OPM and federally mandated HR employee record management regulations , and
- delivers system generated email notifications to employees.
The Department of Army recently completed the conversion of your OPF documents to the electronic format. Employee access to eOPF will be granted to our civilian workforce in a phased approach during the October 2012 through March 2013 timeframe. Your servicing Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) or NonAppropriated Fund Human Resources Office will provide notification when eOPF access will be made available to employees in your organization.