September 18, 2000
MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: Change to the Civilian Personnel Productivity Report (CivPro)
Definition of Fill Actions
This memorandum announces implementation of a Nature of Action/Legal Authority Code (NOA/LAC) definition as the Department of the Army standard for identifying fill actions in CivPro. The implementation date will be October 1, 2000, for all CONUS and OCONUS Civilian Personnel Operations Centers (CPOCs). The NOA/LAC definition will also be used by the Army Civilian Personnel Evaluation Agency during evaluations. The NOA/LAC definition and guidance are enclosed.
We currently use the manager's request for desired personnel action ("recruit" or "fill") to capture productivity data. This method resulted in inconsistencies across regions and the exclusion of certain noncompetitive actions. The new NOA/LAC definition provides a more objective and consistent way to capture productivity statistics.
On October 1, 2000, the NOA/LAC definition will be used to capture and measure productivity for all closed actions. This definition will be used under both PERSACTION and modern Defense Civilian Personnel Data Systems (DCPDS). Since we also measure productivity on open actions (e.g., number of actions received and average age of open actions),
the following procedures will be used:
- CPOCs using PERSACTION will continue to use manager requests to identify open fill actions. Responsible CPOC personnel will use the NOA/LAC definition as the guide for modifying the manager request to "recruit" or "fill."
- CPOCs using modern DCPDS will use a newly created Request for Personnel Action (RPA) event code (G07000-Fill Action). Responsible CPOC personnel will use the NOA/LAC definition as the guide for using the RPA event code.
In October 2000, all historical CivPro data will be re-run using the NOA/LAC definition.
My point of contact for this change is Mrs. A. Mae Hazelton, Plans and Strategies Division; (703) 695-4036; DSN 225-4036; e-mail
David L. Snyder
Deputy Assistant Secretary
(Civilian Personnel Policy)
1. NOA/LAC Guidance Status Codes/Event Codes (MS Word)
2. Fill Action Definition (MS Excel)
3. NOA/LAC Definitions (MS Word)
DIRECTOR, CIVILIAN PERSONNEL OPERATIONS CENTER MANAGEMENT
US ARMY EUROPE AND SEVENTH ARMY, ATTN: AEAGA-C
EIGHTH U.S. ARMY, ATTN: EAGA-CP
U.S. ARMY PACIFIC, ATTN: APPE-CP
DIRECTOR, CIVILIAN PERSONNEL EVALUATION AGENCY
CHIEF, POLICY AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
CHIEF, REGIONALIZATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
CHIEF, CENTRAL PROGRAM OPERATIONS DIVISION
CHIEF, PROGRAM SUPPORT DIVISION
CHIEF, SENIOR EXECUTIVE SERVICE OFFICE
CHIEF, PLANS AND STRATEGIES DIVISION
CHIEF, NONAPPROPRIATED FUND PERSONNEL POLICY AND PROGRAM