Order Process for the Secretary of Defense Medal
for the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) for Civilian Employees
The GWOT medal sets (medal and lapel pin) are ordered through the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Supply:
- Access the DLA Warfighter site at https://dod-emall.dla.mil/acct/ (link updated). Commands can order with an impact card and must register on the website prior to ordering. After complete registration, orders can be placed online.*
- GWOT medal stock number is 8455-01-545-7149.
- Price is $1.69/set.
- Delivery timeframes depend on the priority of the requisition.
- Item managers do not have the capability to take credit card orders over the phone. Once registered if you need an emergency order, call the Defense Supply Center, Philadelphia (DSCP) Contact Center at 1-877-352-2255 and they can take the order over the phone.
NOTE: *Questions or issues regarding the DoD EMALL website should be directed to the DoD EMALL Help Desk via email: email@example.com or by phone: 1-877-352-2255.
- Memo, Aug 9, 2007 - Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism, USD(P&R)
- Memo April 7, 2008 - Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism, Change-1, DUSD(P&R) (updated criteria)
- Sample Certificate
- GWOT Medal Chart
- Medal Description
- Ordering the Medal