24 Mar 2010
MEMORANDUM FOR ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE ARMY (MANPOWER AND RESERVE AFFAIRS)
SUBJECT: Redelegation of Authority - Recruitment, Relocation, Retention and Enhanced Retention Incentives
- Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness) memorandum, September 21, 2006, subject: Implementation of Recruitment, Relocation and Retention Incentives - http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/EA9CBF5A908E4FB9AD136E282B46A750/3R_md.pdf
- Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness) memorandum, February 5, 2008, subject: Implementation of Enhanced Retention Incentives Authorities - http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/AB68C933CB854019A096AAA96554B419/Implementation%20of%20Enhanced%20Retention%20Incentives%20Authorities%20I.pdf
- DoDI 1400.25-M, Volume 575, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Recruitment and Relocation Bonuses, Retention Allowances, and Supervisory Differentials, April 6, 2009 - http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/291FF682D30844829D55117561DEC127/M1400575.pdf
- DoD 7000.14-R, DoD Financial Management Regulation, 4 March 2010
- I hereby redelegate to the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) the authority to exercise the provisions of sections 5753 and 5754 of title 5, United States Code (USC), as amended by section 101 of the Workplace Flexibility Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-411), October 30, 2004, which authorizes payment of recruitment, relocation and retention incentives. This delegation does not include incentives for Senior Executive Service (SES), Senior Level (SL) and Scientific or Professional (ST) positions, or equivalent positions, and must be used in accordance with the referenced Department of Defense (DoD) implementing policy and plan.
- The authority delegated herein may be further delegated in writing. Should you elect to do so and pursuant to this authority, you will remain cognizant of and accountable for all actions taken in the exercise of this authority by those who have been delegated this authority at any level. Should conditions warrant, you will suspend the use of and/or rescind further delegation of the authority, as appropriate.
- This delegation is effective immediately and expires September 30, 2012 unless earlier suspended, revoked or superseded.
John M. McHugh